Over this 6 week period I will walk alongside of you to support, guide, nurture and encourage you as you, your partner and baby get to know each other and develop your family unit.
I will share my years of midwifery knowledge and lactation expertise to give you evidence based information about breastfeeding and parenting which will lead to empowered, intuitive and resilient parents with a happy content infant.
You may be entitled to claim a Medicare rebate for these visits – GP referral is required.
The Premium Post Natal Care Package will include up to 6 in home visits and/or up to 8 hours of in home post natal midwifery and lactation support until baby is 6 weeks of age. The package includes text or email support for 6 weeks.
Usual schedule of visits: Up to 6 visits and/or 8 hours of in home support with minimum time each visit 1 hour
– Week 1: 1 visit of 1.5 – 2 hours duration
– Week 2: 1 visit of 1 – 1.5 hours duration
– Week 3 to week 6: 2 – 4 further visits of 1 – 1.5 hours duration. Final visit must be prior to 6 weeks 6 days after birth
The first visit will be within 24 – 48 hrs of hospital discharge and be 1.5 – 2 hours in duration, and include a detailed history of your medical, pre pregnancy and pregnancy, labour and birth and breastfeeding history to date.
Here’s some things we might cover during the visits:
– Full maternal check including uterus, loss, stitches, breasts and nipples and maternal mood
– Information around mother’s breast changes and hormonal changes and what to expect over the coming weeks
– Full baby check and weight (if indicated) and developmental check
– Observation of a full feed
– Strategies that parents may try to improve latch and positioning at breast
– Discussion about normal infant feeding behaviour and feeding cues
– Discussion around normal infant development
– Coping strategies
– Hints and techniques to help settle your baby
Together we will formulate a detailed care plan for moving forward.
I will refer you back to your GP/Obstetrician/Paediatrician if there are any medical concerns. At 6 weeks I can refer you to the local Child Health Nurse for ongoing follow up and immunizations
The care package includes text and email support for 6 weeks: messages answered with an email or phone call within 24 hours.
The Postnatal Care and Support Package requires an upfront deposit. The balance will be invoiced at an hourly rate each visit. You may be entitled to claim a Medicare rebate for these visits – GP referral is required
If more than 6 visits or greater than 8 hours of in-home contact is required, follow up visits will be at a discounted hourly rate.
Travel up to 20 km from Inala included in price. Travel over 20 km charged at $1.00/km